Thursday, March 12, 2009

You will never guess what we're doing this weekend...


We are going to the World's Largest Rattlesnake Roundup in Sweetwater, Texas!

"The project was originally conceived by a group of area farmers and ranchers as an attempt to rid the abundance of Rattlers that were plaguing them and their livestock. The event has grown over the past 50 years to the "WORLD'S LARGEST RATTLESNAKE ROUND-UP" with over 123 tons of Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes turned in to date."

http://www.rattlesnakeroundup.net/main/modules/content/index.php?id=12

I hope to try some Fried Rattlesnake meat! I wish we could hunt them ourselves but its expensive and you need a license. Though some of you may remember Josh's video with the snake in Columbus. (It's on facebook)

P.S. It sounds like we will be enjoying Texas festivities like this for a few more years :)


4 comments:

Anne said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was Josh's "Crikey!!" video! LOL! I've heard that rattlesnake roundup is quite the event out there. My friend and her fiance go every year. Have fun!

And did you get news that you're staying there?!

Jordan and Lexi said...

That's so funny. Have fun!

Kimberly Anne said...

yuck!

Anonymous said...

We love you hair short Aunt Teara the girls say hello and we love you and miss you very much and cant wait to see you whenever that may be tell Josh the Herremans said hello and we hope that you guys are having fun and living life to its fullest oh and Bradley said goooggoo whatever!!! we love you very much Aunt Teara Love The Herremans