Monday, February 2, 2009

Because of my lack of pictures lately

I know I've been doing a terrible job at updating this thing, but honestly, we don't have as much going on here as we did during pilot training. So, I've decided to give you guys a picture update of our Texas life.
Since we've been here we've been through a small dust storm, 2 wildfires, and 2 freezing rain storms. Other than the freezing rain, its been incredibly dry here. Since we moved here in November I think it's rained once. This is a picture of our dry grass (it looks like everyone elses here because green grass is rare here) and the white stuff is ice. They shut down everything here because of the ice storm. Understandable.

These things are OBNOXIOUS! They are little stickers I guess they call them. Pretty much like a bunch mini cacti. They are everywhere! They stick to your shoes, skin, clothes and Reggie.

We went venturing around Abilene and saw some neat cacti.

We had to hold Reggie because he kept stepping on the stickers and getting them stuck in his paws. Oh yea, and I cut my hair again.


Abilene is home to the world's largest windmill farm. It is a really neat view when you're driving. There are over 2,000 of them and they are at the top of the hills. Each one is 400ft tall.


Just a few of the mountains in Abilene. Not to big but enough to make it a little scenic.

Reggie on a daily basis, no joke. Dead grass is no fun. Try keeping the house swept after this guy comes in. Its disgusting.


Here's a picture of the ice/snow storm that people were freaking out over. It's only an inch, but to be honest there was ice everywhere, not safe.


This is Josh's next investment. He's found a used 1999 Harley sportster 883 that he's very interested in buying. I had to take pics on it to make sure he looked good on it. We've tried calling the guy and he hasn't answered. What do you think?

It's a very comfortable second seat. Now I need my Harley leather gear!

Josh and Reggie chase each other a lot in the house. Josh discovered that if he chases Reggie into a corner, he gives up pretty easily. I don't know why, but in this pic, Josh has trapped the poor little guy.


I had to brag about my hubby. I got a job last week (long story) and he got me flowers to make me smile. So sweet :) Unfortunetly, the job wasn't what I had hoped it to be so after a few days, I quit. Plus I got another offer that I think would be better for me. I'll update you when it happens.

So, that's it. You're updated!


No comments: