Well, I guess it has been almost a month since I last posted. Since then we had a safe but long 18 hour drive from TX to MI/IN and back. It went by much faster than I had thought driving through 5/6 states would. Reggie did extremely well, he pretty much slept the whole way or cuddled in our laps. For entertainment, I had bought the book Marley and Me and read it out loud for the both of us to enjoy. It was a very good book, I think Reggie enjoyed it too. I haven't posted much because we still do not have fully functioning computers!! My USB drive doesn't work to add pics and Josh's computer won't even turn on. We need to get our priorities straight and fix these things!
Christmas was fun, I always enjoy seeing our families. My dad has been hard at work building an outside, fully enclosed hot tub room. He put a big TV and surround system in it too (picked out by me, his personal shopper). He is extremely proud of this thing and we can see why. He was amazingly able to build the room in 6 months, which was just in time for us to enjoy when we got home. The room is incredible and I'm very proud of my dad's handiwork. This was a major highlight of our trip :)
We also spent a day in Chicago (a Parker tradition). We were going to go the Sunday after we got there but with the windchill being -23, we decided to postpone it til the following week. The girls spent 5 hours at IKEA! It's easy to lose yourself in there, especially with a brand new house. The rest of Chicago was typical, but less time was spent on Michigan Ave. We had to make time for Gino's Pizza, and by the time we got out, the stores were closed. Ah well. There's always next year.
New Years was spent at my dad's house playing games (we are officially Apple to Appled out!) for a couple hours, and then off the bowling alley with the Parker fam for a New Years Party. (It's always tough 'splitting' time between two families that live 3 minutes from each other.) Bowling was fun though, its the only thing I can beat Josh at fairly. I think Josh bowled his highest game at 147 or something? Then the next game I came back to beat him with a 166 (not near at all to my highest game hehe).
The rest of the break was a blur between families, friends, and sleep. Our Christmas was wonderful and our annual family get togethers were fun too. I always love seeing all my aunts, uncles and cousins, but there are so many its hard to talk to all of them! The weather was absolutely miserable, I'm rethinking if I would ever like to live in SD one day. We had days with single digit highs, and a couple days with freezing rain so bad it closed down the toll road! I was amazed I drove through this stuff to get to school back in the day!!
Needless to say, its good to be back here in the 70s again.
Now that we're back to TX, I'm pretty homesick. I miss having all those people around all the time. I don't have a job yet to keep me busy here so I've become a nice little house cleaner! I've been searching for jobs applying for 3-4 everyday and it seems like I'm just out of luck. The city paper here as 1, ONE, job opening in it, and its for SALES, SALES, SALES!! I hate being lazy and I really am trying hard for a job. I haven't worked since October, I'm going nuts!!! So, please pray for me to find something, anything at this point. I've become such a hermit that I'd almost love to sit and work from home, but how hard is it to find one of those jobs, realistically? Anyways, prayers please :)
Josh on the other hand would rather be sitting at home all day because his job involves absolutely nothing! He just sits at a desk 9-4, with his friend Jason and stares at the computer. He's home for lunch everyday, then maybe to the gym, then back to staring at the computer. He's very anxious to start training, but he doesn't mind getting paid for doing nothing either.
So, that's a recap. Sorry for the delay and for the lack of pictures, hopefully we get the problem fixed. And hopefully you guys are still reading out there?!
Christmas was fun, I always enjoy seeing our families. My dad has been hard at work building an outside, fully enclosed hot tub room. He put a big TV and surround system in it too (picked out by me, his personal shopper). He is extremely proud of this thing and we can see why. He was amazingly able to build the room in 6 months, which was just in time for us to enjoy when we got home. The room is incredible and I'm very proud of my dad's handiwork. This was a major highlight of our trip :)
We also spent a day in Chicago (a Parker tradition). We were going to go the Sunday after we got there but with the windchill being -23, we decided to postpone it til the following week. The girls spent 5 hours at IKEA! It's easy to lose yourself in there, especially with a brand new house. The rest of Chicago was typical, but less time was spent on Michigan Ave. We had to make time for Gino's Pizza, and by the time we got out, the stores were closed. Ah well. There's always next year.
New Years was spent at my dad's house playing games (we are officially Apple to Appled out!) for a couple hours, and then off the bowling alley with the Parker fam for a New Years Party. (It's always tough 'splitting' time between two families that live 3 minutes from each other.) Bowling was fun though, its the only thing I can beat Josh at fairly. I think Josh bowled his highest game at 147 or something? Then the next game I came back to beat him with a 166 (not near at all to my highest game hehe).
The rest of the break was a blur between families, friends, and sleep. Our Christmas was wonderful and our annual family get togethers were fun too. I always love seeing all my aunts, uncles and cousins, but there are so many its hard to talk to all of them! The weather was absolutely miserable, I'm rethinking if I would ever like to live in SD one day. We had days with single digit highs, and a couple days with freezing rain so bad it closed down the toll road! I was amazed I drove through this stuff to get to school back in the day!!
Needless to say, its good to be back here in the 70s again.
Now that we're back to TX, I'm pretty homesick. I miss having all those people around all the time. I don't have a job yet to keep me busy here so I've become a nice little house cleaner! I've been searching for jobs applying for 3-4 everyday and it seems like I'm just out of luck. The city paper here as 1, ONE, job opening in it, and its for SALES, SALES, SALES!! I hate being lazy and I really am trying hard for a job. I haven't worked since October, I'm going nuts!!! So, please pray for me to find something, anything at this point. I've become such a hermit that I'd almost love to sit and work from home, but how hard is it to find one of those jobs, realistically? Anyways, prayers please :)
Josh on the other hand would rather be sitting at home all day because his job involves absolutely nothing! He just sits at a desk 9-4, with his friend Jason and stares at the computer. He's home for lunch everyday, then maybe to the gym, then back to staring at the computer. He's very anxious to start training, but he doesn't mind getting paid for doing nothing either.
So, that's a recap. Sorry for the delay and for the lack of pictures, hopefully we get the problem fixed. And hopefully you guys are still reading out there?!
3 comments:
i think we should hang out. hahah. i wish i had an option for you as far as a job goes. can you teach upper level high school math?! have you tried any of the banks? i have a friend that works at American State Bank downtown and i think she said they were hiring. Josiah deploys in Feb and I only have like 3 friends here... all of which are pcs-ing during the time he is deployed... i sound pathetic... but Ill be your friend hahha!
Of course I still read your blog! =) Dave will be back from his deployment today!! I can't wait to see him! I really really hope Josh doesn't have to be deployed this year. It's just not fun for us girls.
Have a fun 2009!
how do you know people here already?? no fair! definitely interested in coffee. we do not live on base. we live across the highway from the mall off buffalo gap.
Post a Comment