
With all my awesome SAHM (stay at home mom) friends out there, it is SO easy for me to become jealous and wish I never had to work an 8-5 job again so I could just hang out with them and all their amazing kids. BUT, I'd be missing the M in SAHM, kind of a big deal.
So, what keeps me going 40 hours a week, week after week, is knowing that we are making a dent in our debt. I'm also mentioning this so that when we are finally debt free, I can reference this day and rejoice! After doing some calculations, I've discovered we have officially surpassed our halfway mark!
When we got married at 23, we were over $100,000 in debt between the two of us:
2 brand new cars: $37,000
2 Bachelor degrees: $65,000
3-4 credit cards (mine): $10,000
Slowly, throughout 4 years of marriage, we've paid off both cars (mine, his), my credit cards (woohoo!), and $19,000 in school loans (enter future paid off post here). While also seriously saving each year for retirement - we can't wait until that day!!
$66,000 down.....
$46,000 to go!
Our ultimate goal is debt free before kids. However, I also love the rhyming sound of "debt free before 30!"
Can you imagine!?!
Let's hope we don't have to buy a house any time soon....
3 comments:
I LOVE this!
Way to go Parkers!! We were in the exact same boat when we got married. It's been adjustment to pay off debt with only 1 income and I envy YOU sometimes for having 2 incomes to pay down debt faster!!
Woohoo!!! Love it!!
Post a Comment