
Ok, well kinda.
Today I made my last payment to pay off my LAST credit card! I've had this card since I was 18, mainly because it helped me pay for college. I did not use Fasfa during my first couple years of college because my family and I didn't understand it, especially in the midst of a divorce. So, I paid for school with my own money and my credit cards. As you can imagine, over the years it grew to about $10,000 between 3-4 credit cards. That was a lot of money that I couldn't account for. Especially living paycheck to paycheck through school. However, once I finally figured out I didn't want to live in debt forever, (and I still didn't have a major picked out) I took a break from school and moved back home. I started working about 60 hours a week between 3 jobs to start paying off each card as much as I could. Then I added a little more to the balances when I moved and finished school in Wichita. I've been slowly paying them off ever since. I was down to one credit card as of last year, and today it is finally paid off. I am thrilled! I never thought I would see the day. It's crazy that neither Josh or I use credit cards. It's a blessing that we choose not to, you can really get trapped nowadays. I just thought I'd share this great moment :)
Now, on to slowly paying off the cars and school loans!
3 comments:
I'm proud of you! You are an amazing girl! Congratulations!
That is so awesome. I know how good if feels, it feels like you won a race or something. It is definately something to be VERY proud of.
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!
Post a Comment