Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why I have no social life...

So, I decided to take two 8-week classes at once during this last session. The first 3 weeks overlapped with a third class that I was finishing up. Thankfully, classes end next Friday. I only have to finish my 30 page paper (5 pages left!), one test, and 2 smaller papers. Then I will have a month off!! Hooray! Not to mention, I'll have finished 5 classes with only 10 more to go.

This is how OCD I am about having my homework checklist, unfortunately this list is not coming over they way I made it (color coded by class hah!). Each section is a week worth of assignments. I remember when I wrote this I thought, "oh it won't be too bad, but the end is so far away!" So happy it's here :)

For those of you interested in the workload of an online MBA, here you go:

Class Assignment Due Date Completed?
BUSI 512 DB3 Thread Sat Oct 24
BUSI 512 1 Reply to DB3 Sat Oct 31
BUSI550 DB Intro Sat 10/31
BUSI602 DB1Post Sat 10/31
BUSI550 DB1 Post 7pm Wed 11/4
BUSI 512 DB4 Thread Sat Nov 7
BUSI550 DB1 Reply 7pm Sat 11/7
BUSI602 DB1 Responses (3) Sat 11/7
BUSI 512 1 Reply to DB4 Sat Nov 14
BUSI 512 Final Exam Sat Nov 14
BUSI 512 Research Project Sat Nov 14
BUSI 512 Group Evaluations Sat Nov 14
BUSI602 DB2 Post Sat 11/14
BUSI550 DB2 Post 7pm Wed 11/18
BUSI550 DB2 Reply 7pm Sat 11/21
BUSI550 Test 1 7pm Sat 11/21
BUSI602 DB2 Responses (2) Sat 11/21
BUSI602 Project 1 Sat 11/21
BUSI550 Speech Paper 7pm Sat 11/28
BUSI602 DB3 Post Sat 11/28
BUSI550 DB3 Post 7pm Wed 12/2
BUSI550 DB3 Reply 7pm Sat 12/5
BUSI602 DB3 Responses (2) Sat 12/5
BUSI550 Resume 7pm Sat 12/12
BUSI602 DB4 Post Sat 12/12
BUSI602 Project 2 Sat 12/12
BUSI550 DB4 Post 7pm Wed 12/16
BUSI550 DB4 Reply 7pm Fri 12/18
BUSI550 Test 2 7pm Fri 12/18
BUSI602 DB4 Responses (2) Sat 12/18


Plus, I work 40-45 hours a week, so I if I can do it, so can you! It's not easy, you have to learn how to prioritize. BUT, once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty quick.

P.S. Josh starts his Masters in Political Science (yuck!) in January, so we will really be anti-social then!

3 comments:

Dave said...

That's quite a checklist... What school are you going through?

Scott Family said...

You go girl! Check out your organization...impressive!! Not to mention all the work you do while working full time! You're incredible! There's a light at the end of the tunnel...WOO HOO!

The Parkers said...

Thanks Tara! Dave, I'm going through Liberty University, they have a great military spouse discount.