A couple weeks ago this was outside our house and I promised to post some pictures.
The very next day we went to the zoo and they had info and some spiders in their creepy crawlers exhibits. We could have donated it to the zoo instead of smashing it with the shoe. Haha. That's one thing that we aren't used to back home. It's so cold, we don't get the crazy spiders like Brown Recluse, Wolf Spiders like Kansas and Mississippi and now Black Widows in Texas. So, needless to say we like to take pictures of these crazy things.
I was working on this post awhile ago, and just last night we found a black widow in the house. Creepy!! But, I guess it's just another thing we have to get used to down here. Apparently, spiders love hot and dry places. Since its summer (aka over 100 degrees daily), so they are out in full force. I'm slightly anxious for the "cold weather" (aka lows in the 40's-50's) to return to kill these guys off. Here are some more pics of our Abilene zoo visit.
1 comment:
yikes I HATE spiders!! I would have freaked out!
Post a Comment