So Josh left last Thursday for survival. He's extremely excited to get this done and over with, but its not going to be fun. I'm not allowed to know any details really, no one is. All I know is that he's going through POW training, possibly locking him in a box for a day or so, and letting him learn how its like to be stranded in the woods for about 5 days straight. It's just comforting to know that many other people have gone through these 3 weeks, and all that I know of has made it out alive :)
I've been working still. Only 12 more days of that fun stuff. Hooray! I'm also packing for the move and I feel like I'm making pretty good progress. Less than 2 months from now and we will be in Abilene! I'm also going home this Friday for a week. While I'm there I'm going to the ND/Purdue game courtesy of Grandma Marj's boss, thanks!! And, I'm going to visit my sister Jen and my neices and nephew in Richmond, Indiana. I don't have too much planned other than that, enjoying my crazy family and soaking up the civilization (and Starbucks!)
I guess Reggie is not liking the fact that Josh has been gone since Thursday. He's turned into a hellion. He's ran away from me all weekend, through the neighborhood, on multiple streets. He doesn't even sleep in bed with me anymore, he sleeps on the couch like he's waiting for Josh to come home any minute. He also woke me up at 4am the other day by growling and whining at the front door like he does when he knows Josh just got home from work. Weird.
Today, I came home from work to find this:
The bad news is that he ruined 2 separate pairs of shoes, and a purse. The good news is that they were in the junk pile for garage sale/trash anyways. Notice though his bone is untouched....
So a few hours later, I have to go for piano lessons for a half hour annnnd I come home to this:
This is Josh's survival itenerary. This gives me the details of all his flights home. This was hanging by a clip magnet on the fridge, just as many other things are. Those other things are still in one piece. Maybe dogs can read, I don't know. I do know this is going to be a longer 3 weeks than I expected.
3 comments:
GEEZ he really is pissed! hah... ok not funny but I swear dogs are like kids :)
Wow! Crazy dog! I'm so glad you are going to spend some time with family while Josh is gone. And I'm sure he'll be alright.
Thanks for the update!
Hmmm ... maybe I should rethink dog-sitting for Reggie in a few weeks ...
Post a Comment