I'm sure the rumor mill has made its way around, but in case you didn't know...Josh and I are engaged :)
He proposed on Christmas eve eve. Here's the story: We made it back to South Bend that Friday night before Christmas. Josh said the plans for Saturday included a Christmas lunch for just the two of us. Saturday, my dad woke me up at 9 to go Christmas shopping, little did I know he had just got done giving Josh permission to propose. When I was getting ready Saturday morning, the only clues Josh gave me for where we were going was to dress nice, but bring my beloved flip flops. Immediately I was excited, I love flip flops because it usually meant going to a beach. (Which we haven't seen since our Destin, Florida trip).When Josh picked me up in the VUE he told me we had reservations for 12-12:15 and that we were heading to the Silver Beach area. When we got up there Josh said we were early for our reservations and asked if I wanted to go to the beach. I immediately said heck yea! When we got to the beach the waves were the biggest I have ever seen on lake Michigan and the wind was crazy. We decided to step out onto the beach anyway. We stood there for a little while, holding each other all dressed up (me in a freezing cold dress). The wind was so strong that the sand was stinging my legs. We didn't care, we haven't seen a beach in what seemed like forever. I looked up at Josh and told him that he was so romantic, bringing me to the place we grew up at, and planning a sweet lunch. He replied "Oh you think that's romantic huh?" He told me to look at the waves hitting the bridge, when I turned back to him, he was pulling out a small red box and getting down on one knee. I was completely shocked and immediately started crying. I thought it would take forever for me to hear those words coming from Josh "Will you marry me?" Of course I muffled a yes. By the way, the ring is amazing :) Also, he lied about having lunch up there just to distract me. Afterwards, we went back to SB for a wonderful lunch at the Emporium.
That was that, now we are engaged. The date is May 19th, and we will be getting married in Granger, IN. We know its coming up quick, so our vacation at home turned into planning a wedding. We have already ordered my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, the tuxes, the church, and the reception hall. We're doing black and ivory for our colors. We've already looked at flowers and have got the majority of the guest list down. We've got invitations and a photographer picked out already too. We're still a little undecided on the honeymoon, we are thinking Hawaii or Jamaica, something like that.
So, It's going to be a busy semester! I'm taking 24 credits, working part-time, and now with the help of Josh and our families, planning a long distance wedding. I'll graduate in May, a day after my birthday, pack up my stuff for moving, get married a week later, go on our honeymoon, come back to SB for Jay's graduation and then moving straight to Columbus, Mississippi. I'm so excited that I'm a fiancee and I'm blessed to have such an amazing man :)
No comments:
Post a Comment