Friday, July 27, 2007

Columbus, Mississippi



Well, we have made it through the first two amazing months of marriage! It has gone by incredibly quick. Living in the south is, well, different. Here is what we've been up to.


I have finished my BBA at Mississippi State, I know its confusing, but I'll actually be graduating from Wichita State, and I've already walked through their graduation ceremony. They allowed me to finish my last 3 classes in Mississippi, which is by far the easiest piece of cake school ever. I found a job at a coffee shop called Kudoz, we open next week, and I'm the assistant manager, yippie. And yes, even though I am a military wife, I will be working full-time. When I'm not working, or going to class, I usually spend my days either at the pool with the other wives or watching tivod friends episodes :)

When Josh isn't teaching the Japanese students to dance, or going crazy in New Orleans, he's really swamped with pilot training. He just finished up the academics part and I think he did pretty well, but what do I know about pilot training? There is a TON of jargon in the air force, and I'm slowly learning what it means. He also just started his 12 hour days! This means, I rarely see him :(



On Tuesday, he started flying the T-6, which in 3 weeks, he will fly solo, and yes that means only him and no one else will be in the plane.

If all goes well, in December at track select, he hopes to switch to the T-38 which is the fighter/bomber track.


And he also seems interested in the T-1 which is the heavies track.
It seems that Josh is indecisive on whether he wants to fly fighters or heavies. To be honest, I'm indecisive too. I'm not too sure which plane it is, but it sounds like one plane is deployed less often and for longer periods of time, while the other plane is deployed more often but for a shorter period of time.

If all goes really really well maybe one day he will fly this:

(Air Force One)


Columbus, is pretty boring. They intentionally make pilot training in boring places so that the students can truly focus. Honestly, it works. The good thing about Columbus is that its easy to escape from, a couple girls and I just had a wonderful shopping trip to Birmingham, AL which is 2 hours away. A couple weeks ago Josh's parents came to visit and we went to New Orleans and Biloxi, which is 5 hours away. We hope to visit Memphis, TN which is 3 hours away and Atlanta, GA which is about 5 hours, I think.
Our duplex is very comfy and very spacious. We have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a spacious living room and a nice size kitchen. We do not have neighbors in our duplex yet, but all of our other neighbors are extremely nice.
That's about is for now. I'm tired of myspace, so I'm switching to this for blogs so that I can add pictures.




1 comment:

ashleysauer said...

Hey just wanted to stop by and say hello and congrats!!!
I was on checking out your page you have here and saw a comment left by a friend of yours about a site you can make some extra cash doing surveys and stuff... Is that for real??? Wanted to make sure it wasnt a scam before i checked it out some more. thanks!