That's my man, 12 years ago! I have so many pictures of him with that punk rock necklace! I don't think he ever took it off.
It's that wonderful day again, Josh's birthday. I thank God for this day as he created my soul mate, my best friend. I am simply amazed and blessed with all the history the two of us have together since we first met 13 years ago. Do you ever look back at your life choices and think, wow, I'm so blessed. That's what I think when I ponder our history.
Although we have many memories doing more extravagant things, my favorite memories are the smaller things. One of my fondest memories was in our teenage years, when he unexpectedly picked me up from my parents house at 4:30am and drove me, unknowingly, to Lake Michigan just to sit on the pier and watch the sunrise. Years later he proposed on the same beach. Or the day he asked my dad's permission to marry me without me knowing, while I slept through the sound of 5 dogs barking just a couple rooms away. Or, when for our first dance as a married couple, he said he had picked that song because it was the theme of our junior prom (Amazed by You). Or the individual Christmas cards he wrote for his whole family while spending the holiday's overseas (not a dry eye in the house that day!). I could go on and on, but those are today's memories.
This man is truly the whole package, faith, brains, security, humor, beauty, spontaneity, and an immense heart. When I think of him, I think there's no way all husband's can be like this, I truly snagged the BEST one. For that, I am forever grateful!
We are so alike and completely different in many ways, which makes us a unique couple. I'm so excited to share the many birthdays ahead and the adventures in between.
Thank you, JP, for your patient love.
Thank you for being more than I could ever ask for in a husband.
Thank you for keeping us looking young and always getting us carded for alcohol!
Happy 28th birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment