. . . . . . . The Parkers . . . . . . .

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That time of year again!

It's the birthday season! Josh's parents came to visit in early April and we celebrated all our birthdays. His mom's birthday is April 10th, Josh's is the 26th, and mine is May 10th. So, we had a little Batman birthday cake to celebrate (ice cream of course - Josh is picky).

We also went to Perini's where we sat right next to Ashley Judd's table!
For Josh's actual birthday, I woke up early to make him breakfast, scrambled eggs and pancakes. Then we both went off to work and met up for lunch at Al's, a new BBQ restaurant in town. We had life group planned for the evening so I didn't have special plans after that. However, I got a phone call around 3 saying that it had been canceled. I figured they didn't tell Josh so I came up with an idea to surprise him. Boy! Was that hard on a Tuesday evening in Abilene!



I tried looking up baseball games at the local colleges, none were happening. I tried the Grace Museum, closed Tuesday evenings. Then, I had the great idea of planning an evening picnic and fishing at the state park. When I called the park for details everything sounded great until I asked what time they closed, 5PM! Are you kidding me?! So, instead I took him to Primetime, a local mini-golf, go-carts, bowling etc. place. I had told him I had to stop somewhere before to pick up some clothes before life group. I gave him directions turn by turn and then had him turn into Primetime. When he asked what we were doing there I said "surprise, no life group tonight! Happy Birthday!" Needless to say he was caught off guard, I never surprise him. I'm a woman, we suck at keeping secrets!

Anyways, we had a great time and I even beat him in mini-golf, I don't play easy just because it's your birthday!

Then we finished the night off with some Taco Bell and apple pie.

Everyone who knows him knows he doesn't like cake! So, every year since we've been married I've made it for him (he's not aging a bit! 2008, 2009, 2010).

Here is the worst part about making a pie from scratch, all the dishes!!

And the best part:


For his "birthday weekend" we went to Colorado Bend State Park, home of the Gorman Falls. It was rather pretty for Texas in a semi-drought season. We played in some natural spring pools, messed with a snake, and even spotted and scared an armadillo. It is a great place to see some nice canyon rocks, waterfalls, and nature.


Starting the drive, ah! crazy hair!

In front of the falls.
We topped off the evening with Cooper's BBQ, in Llano, also in Ft. Worth.

Delicious meat!!

Happy 27th birthday JP!
I've loved watching you grow old, yet somehow not age for the past 13 years!

You can see many more pics of the state park here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.561650772165.2060046.197402064&l=66c133a99a


Posted by The Parkers at 3:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (5)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2013 (9)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (33)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2011 (59)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ▼  April (5)
      • That time of year again!
      • ORE/ORI Mumbo Jumbo
      • 2nd 5K!
      • ....Monday Monday....
      • ...hello there...
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2010 (60)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2009 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2008 (39)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2007 (16)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2006 (6)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2005 (1)
    • ►  November (1)

Friends

  • The Adamsons
  • The Bells
  • The Burkeys - A & A
  • The Burkeys - T & K
  • The Chachors
  • The Embrys
  • The Gannetts
  • The Gordons
  • The Grovers
  • The Hancocks
  • The Hoes
  • The Ingrams
  • The Jennings
  • The Kemps
  • The Loughrin's
  • The Mullinax
  • The Oldhams
  • The Pachlhofers
  • The Ramirez
  • The Rawlings
  • The Scotts
  • The Violettes
. . . . . . . The Parkers . . . . . . .

About Us

My photo
The Parkers
Dyess AFB, TX
We are living in Abilene, TX with our two dogs Reg and Ty. We love the life that God has given us and plan to enjoy each day of it!
View my complete profile

Parker Followers

Feedjit

google analytics

My Blog List

  • Adrienne & Josh Ramirez
  • Aimee and Derek - Home is where the Air Force sends Us
  • Daddy Flies Planes
    Across the country day 3
    14 years ago
  • Fight Like a Girl
    Koala
    9 months ago
  • Flooded By Grace
    Bad cup of coffee?
    14 years ago
  • Home is where the Air Force sends us...
    Joy and Pain
    6 years ago
  • Ingram Family
    15 years ago
  • Life with the Grover's
    Downtown Charleston and Folly Beach
    16 years ago
  • Living Our Happily Ever After
  • Mark & Candace
  • Meet the Burkeys
    Photo Dump - October 2012
    12 years ago
  • Nick, Carleigh, and The Great Rotboxen
  • Our European Adventures
    Off with the Old, On with the New
    16 years ago
  • The Burkey's
    Cute Boy and Big Girl
    13 years ago
  • The Ellison Family
    Steamboat Challenge
    14 years ago
  • The Embrys
  • The Jennings Family
    Disney World: Day 5
    11 years ago
  • the life of a bulldawg
    Christmas 2009
    16 years ago
  • The Loughrin's
    Weekend in Dover!
    17 years ago
  • The Mullinax Family
    Enjoying the Holidays
    15 years ago
  • The Oldhams
  • The Violette's
    16 years ago
  • Yes our last name is Hoes.
    My 8th grade English teacher said its IMmeasurable not UNmeasurable
    8 years ago
  • {Rawlings Report}
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.