Saturday, November 6, 2010

Miss Independent

What can I say, I guess I like song lyrics for blog posts.

Today was a day of firsts:

First thing, I woke up and ran my first official 5k race with a great friend. We ran the whole thing and we both had great times (at least for our standards!) My goal was under 35, under 33 at the very best, and my time was somehow 31:05!

This was the only picture we took, it was 44 degrees out and we got there at 7:30 am! It was incredibly cold to say the least, but once we started the run we warmed up pretty quick. We both kept the same pace (until near the end when Christina bolted!) It was a very comfortable and enjoyable race. We may even do a run/walk 10K next weekend....

Later this afternoon, I went to Logan's because I had a $5 coupon. I ordered my 10oz steak to go, but as I surfed the internet on my phone I looked at the movie times for Due Date and saw that one started in 45 minutes, so I told the very nice bartender to change my order and I ate by myself at the bar and watched football. I enjoyed every minute of it!!

Then, you guessed it. I went to the movie by myself! I didn't call a single person, didn't even think about it. I just wanted to go alone. I ended up stretching out with 2 empty seats on both sides and cracked up the whole time. Never once feeling lonely.

I'm starting to enjoy the "single life." Of course I love my husband and would do anything to share these moments with him. But our life motto is to make the most of everything. I can honestly say that I enjoy having my own schedule, making my own decisions and managing my own time.

Now for my last first of the day: I'm not cracking a single book open! For the first Saturday in a year during school, I'm not going to do any homework. I'm going to save it all for tomorrow. I'm sure I will regret that decision tomorrow, but hey, I get an extra hour :)

1 comment:

kh123 said...

So proud of all of your firsts! And an AWESOME race time!!!! LOVE!