I've been doing a couple studies lately and God has really used this deployment to help grow me spiritually, this one lesson this week stuck out. I hope to share more on my growth later.

Or as a good friend suggested a table like this....


Now, imagine each of these legs as a 4 major aspects of your life: Mental, Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual.
The spiritual leg should be the most important which is why I really like the second table better with the spiritual leg being the center (and it's much cooler looking!). Anyways, you need all four legs to make the table work properly. Just as you need all four aspects in order to live a healthy life. If you have the first three, mental, physical, and emotional, but lack spiritual, you do not have a properly functioning table. Sure you can try to 'quick-fix' it and put napkins under the legs to make it level, but it's only short term. The table will still wobble. Well, surprise! The same thing goes with life.
This week I've examined my table and realized that my physical leg is making my table lopsided. Physical not only means exercising (check!) and eating well (check!) but it also entails getting plenty of REST (what!?) which I haven't been able to do lately. Come on daylight savings!
So, anyways, I'm going to go to bed early tonight (10pm) even though I'm swamped with homework and other obligations. I wanted to take the time to share my thoughts. Maybe inspire someone else to examine their table :)
1 comment:
Love that you shared this! Do i need to call you every time I'm going to bed as a 30 min warning!!? :)
Post a Comment