Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We're here...

Hello all, I thought I'd just update you on a few things. First, Josh made it back from 3 weeks of survival. It was not something he'd like to experience again! We're both very glad it was over. I had a tough time going 3 weeks without him, but thats nothing compared to a deployment (maybe 6 months!) so I have to toughen up. Right now he's not doing much, just looking forward to our vacation.

As for me, I'm excited to be back in Columbus with warm weather. This was taken as I was leaving home. I took a picture of it because I was weirded out when it kept flashing "ICE POSSIBLE" I haven't seen that in a long time. When I got to Columbus it was 85 :)

My last day of work is tomorrow!! I'm very excited. It will be nice to not have to wake up at 5am everyday. I've met so many great people that I will miss dearly :( I've started looking for jobs in Abilene but the task is tedious. I figured I'll just tweek my resume a little here and wait til I'm out there to apply. I'm not certain what I'd like to do, I really like paper work and money. So, maybe a bank or working with taxes sounds fun to me. (Weird I know)



Reggie visited Starbucks on the way home (multiple times) but one was kind enough to give him a puppy cup filled with whipped cream. He loved it! Right now, Reggie is having a rough week. He has what's called a hot spot on his neck. We found him scratching his neck so hard it would wake us up at night. We checked it out and he's scratched his skin completely raw and its about the size of a half dollar. The vet said pets can get this from a bite, sting, or anything really. He's at the vet right now getting sedated so they can shave his face and clean out the area. He's going to be on antibiotics for a few days. The vet just called and said he did well, we can pick him up later this afternoon :)

Thursday we leave for North Carolina! We're staying in Charleston til Saturday and then heading to Myrtle Beach Sunday through the following Friday. As you can imagine, we are very excited!

We head out to Abilene on November 18th, barely more than a month now! So far I've packed quite a few boxes. I think I'm making good progress, but I've never done this before so I hope it works out. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

holly gannett said...

So glad to hear he is back and you survived... I know it sucks when he's gone. I miss hanging out with you... I know no one here so it's just Ella and I again cause Tobin is working all the time.

SOunds like you guys are ready to get out of MS and time has almost come... have a good last day at Kudos... I miss coffee- I don't have a car to go get Starbucks all the time :( Probably a good thing though.

Keep in touch. h

Angela said...

So much coming up! How exciting! I'm glad Josh made it home OK. Survival training is not cool. Good luck with the packing and have a fun vacation!