This is rather "old" news now, but it's still good to blog about as my blog has become how I keep my memories straight!
After all that encompasses a year and a half of trying, the Lord has blessed us with a viable pregnancy! I am just about half way through (tomorrow is 20 weeks). Long story short, I told Josh by handing him a slip of paper with our top three car choices for when the baby comes. We said we would get serious about cars once we got pregnant. At the bottom of the paper, I typed, "if all goes well and is meant to be, we need to decide by Oct. 4, 2013." He was of course sarcastic and asked what it meant, but gave his crooked smile, and said that was exciting, and we hugged :)
We are incredibly blessed, the pregnancy has been so easy, no morning sickness, no major concerns, not gaining too much weight too quickly, and I can still fit (snuggly) into my jeans, my shirts are another story!
On May 28th we hope to find out the gender.Yes, we have names picked out, our nursery is painted (gray) and I have a registry on Amazon which will become public once we find out the gender. As chaotic as pregnancy may seem, throughout the waiting to become pregnant process, we were already 90% decided on names, nursery color, most of the small registry items, and the car we wanted to get. It may sound weird to have all that done early, but we couldn't help but keep faith for the day when it would all happen.
Let me stress, I know a year and a half is not "that" long in TTC (trying to conceive) terms, we have many friends that have had to and continue to wait years longer. However, throughout that time there are battles of emotions that many people can't begin to comprehend. Whether it is 6 months, or 6 years, it's not an easy time. We are so thankful it is our turn, and we continue to pray for those who continue their journey to parenthood.
To everyone who has prayed for us throughout this time, thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

No comments:
Post a Comment