Welcome 2013, happy to see you.
We start off the year after a beautiful trip home to South Bend, Indiana, Michigan, Chicago, whatever you want to call that area. It was the prettiest winter I have seen in quite awhile. The highlights of my trip were going to a Notre Dame basketball game with my grandma (even though it was women's game), ice skating with my brother and his girlfriend, and visiting Silver Beach in Michigan. Josh and I affectionately call this "our place," because of all the fond memories we have here, including our engagement. We also got to spend time with family, which is always fun (and stressful). We also got to enjoy TWO days in Chicago this year, and that was an absolute blast.
Surprisingly, I still have my job, it's always on the cliff of disappearing and then ends up sticking around. I am now the sole biller for the company which can be pretty tedious at times. However, it has bumped me up from 10 hours a week to about 30-40, so that's a nice pay increase. My new year's resolution is to read through the Bible. So far, I've finished the book Job and Genesis. I'm trying to journal along the way so that I can have my own account of the Bible, and what I've learned from it. So far, it's going quite well, and I really enjoy it. I'm also staying busy as the social treasurer for the OSC. This is my first year being apart of an Officer's Spouse Club, and it's actually been really enjoyable. I'm also helping out in the squadron when I can with fundraising events. On Wednesday evenings I help with AWANA at church, which is a great time. I'm in the Sparky group and we average around 20 kids a week. Also, last week, Josh and I taught our first Sunday school class with about 8 kids ages K-2nd grade. It was fun! AND, finally, I just started another Beth Moore study going to the Psalms of ascent, pretty interesting stuff. So, that's me!
As for Josh, he just received his second "promotion" within the past few months. I use quotes, because it's moving on up, but there's more work and no pay increase. When he returned from training in October, he moved up to assistant flight commander of his flight. Now, he has been moved up to the flight commander of his flight. He's excited and really enjoys the flight that he gets to be in. I'm pretty sure this will be the first time he has his own office as well. He is still in love with flying and the crazy stories he tells are a great to listen to. Although, it would probably be more funny if I understood all the aviation terminology. He works a lot, but it's so nice to have him home every evening. This year shouldn't bring us any deployments, but come April of 2014 it's possible he will be up for one.
This weekend we are going to San Antonio to visit Josh's friend from college, and also some friends from Abilene. Then in February, Josh and I are going up to Abilene to hang out with great friends and eat some PERINI'S!! Very excited. We are hoping to visit Vegas later this spring. We are also saving for a new car, which is great timing to do because we don't need one any time soon. We are just about a third of the way there, who knows, maybe we will be paying cash for a brand new car. How fun would that be?! I must say, saving money isn't nearly as much fun as paying off debt. But, ah well!
That's it, you are caught up. Sorry that I am too lazy to post pictures.
Except for this one, because I was really happy about the fact that I'm
getting better at doing my own hair (at least I think so! Look!!

1 comment:
you are so cute!
Post a Comment