Monday, October 1, 2012

Our next vacation is......

Home to the beautiful, Mt. Rainier.
And flying fish....
It's Seattle!
Josh gets back into town THIS weekend! I'm so excited, I'd say it's been a long two months, but it's really flown by with all the socials, studies, church, and friend activities. We were originally planning on Vegas but decided to do that another time. We then said, well where else are we interested in? I said I'd love to go out west because the furthest I've ever been was Colorado. We really wanted to drive the Cali coast but that's expensive!

 We then googled cheap flights and BAM Seattle came up. We thought it would be a great time to get our colder weather and fall colors fix. We have rented a little cabin in the woods for two nights at Mt. Rainier National Park (free entry for military woo hoo!). And then we will stay two nights in downtown Seattle right near the Space Needle, Pike's Place Market and the original Starbucks :)

We've planned all of this rather last minute and booked everything except the rental car this weekend! We leave in two weeks! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

You'll have a BLAST!!! Do you have your free annual natl parks pass? We snagged ours when we were at Ft McHenry last month! So awesome they do that for military :)

Just FYI- the locals will skin you alive (not really but they'll know you're from out of town) if you call it Pike's Place. There's no "s" on the end ;) LOL I was reprimanded before! haha But while you're there make sure to stop at Beecher's and have the BEST mac and cheese of your LIFE. http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/