Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snippets

I'm waiting for Kodak to call me back about my stupid printer. They said 30 minutes, it's been 50. I'm stalling a little longer to give Mr. Dirkadirka to call me. Otherwise, I'm sure he will call right before I go to sleep. Splendid.

Why is it that I think I can plan every minute of my day and expect my plans to follow through without a hitch? Does that ever actually happen?

I woke up at 6:00am today with the intent to get lots of stuff done. I completed a lot, but as always, not everything I wanted to do because odd things come up (ie printer problems, power outage, paypal errors, running out of supplies for my side business, etc.)

I have been busy with work. They sent me out to PA/NY for a week to help them get caught up (26 hours of OT!) Our year end financials are due by the end of this month and they want every penny accounted for as soon as possible. Not to mention my Shell auditors are at the main office. Fun. By the time we made it home for Christmas, I realized I had been in 6 states in about 36 hours. I didn't even have time to repack for our trip to Michigan.

Home was nice. Though it's getting incredibly old to be introduced as the couple that still doesn't have kids. Only saw about 3 inches of snow and it was AFTER Christmas. That should be illegal.

Now, I come back to a desk and emails and jobs that I haven't touched in 2 weeks. Be careful what you wish for. I was a little bummed to not have as many hours. BUT now, I have 3 more companies to do and I took on some PA work to help ease their workload. However, I'm finding that I really LOVE working from home. Praise the Lord.

My side business, Magnet Maniac (find it on FB) has caught me off guard as it's really picked up this last week. So much so that I pretty much work every minute of the day between getting caught up on my "real job" and keeping up with my side job. I take a break for eating and sleeping, that's about it. I feel like a terrible friend because it's keeping me from my daily chats and FB messages!! I'm drowning...

The dogs had a great time at doggie day care while we were at home for Christmas. However, Tyson (though vaccinated) came home with kennel cough. Mysteriously, Josh got sick a couple days later and I've been under the weather as well. Annnnd Reggie just came in to sit at my feet and he's sneezing and snorting. Oy.

Josh was scheduled to have his dollar ride in the T-6 today, but went DNIF (aka too sick to fly). So he's set to do that on Friday now.

I got my camera for Christmas and I LOVE IT!!

Josh's big gift is new tires for the Harley. He's been talking about that for quite some time.

I feel my acid reflux starting to flare up a little. Probably a tad bit stress induced. Cutting back on my coffee, tea, lemons and pickles for a little while. This is terribly sad for me.

It's been an hour....I'm giving up on Mr. Dirkadirka.

Hopefully tomorrow's 6am showtime will prove to be more productive!! And I'll wake up with a chipper attitude.

2 comments:

kh123 said...

I think u need some Keri time, plates, and some girls sandwiches... Miss u

kh123 said...

*platos