Today was my first "full day" at my stay-at-home-job! It started with a hot cup of tea, slippers on my feet, comfy pjs and my Pandora radio station playing. It's different, much quieter, which selfishly, I kind of like. However, I do miss the friendly chats with my coworkers. But, needless to say, I had a TON of work to do after basically being off during the move, so the quietness was needed today.
Thankfully, I didn't have to search for this job, I have the same job I had in Abilene. However, it is quite a new experience working from home. They have supplied me with basically everything that was on my desk, including my computer, so that I can do everything from miles away. I remote into the Abilene office through the computer to access the 'crucial' programs. The pay is the same, the hours are pretty much the same with any flexibility I need really. And what do I do? I create invoices for one of our customers, Shell Oil Company, yea the same Shell you pump your gas from. Let me just tell you Shell has a TON of oil money. If I made .001% of the invoices I created, I could easily quit my job now and retire. Sadly that doesn't happen!
But, this job has been a blessing and it's amazing to see how God's hand has been in all of it. If I wouldn't have turned down the first job I had in Abilene (FDLIC), I wouldn't have accepted the position at Sears (my last major job in Abilene). At Sears is where I met one of my current bosses. He was let go at Sears and moved onto a new career at Atlas. The company was growing fast and he wanted a good biller, so I got the call, quit my job at Sears and got a sweet raise to work for Atlas.
Now, because I've worked at Atlas the last year, and proven myself, they are letting me work from home. What greater convenience can you ask for as a military spouse? Especially with a short-term move to San Antonio. Now, I'm not having to find another job, and around the holidays! BUT, there is a catch, I'm on a 2-month trial basis. So, at the end of next month, they are going to evaluate the situation and see if they will allow me to work from home for good. Let's pray that happens!
If so, we will be able to continue paying off our school loans and my name will be DEBT-FREE no later than next February! Then onward to Josh's loans. God is so good!
Thankfully, I didn't have to search for this job, I have the same job I had in Abilene. However, it is quite a new experience working from home. They have supplied me with basically everything that was on my desk, including my computer, so that I can do everything from miles away. I remote into the Abilene office through the computer to access the 'crucial' programs. The pay is the same, the hours are pretty much the same with any flexibility I need really. And what do I do? I create invoices for one of our customers, Shell Oil Company, yea the same Shell you pump your gas from. Let me just tell you Shell has a TON of oil money. If I made .001% of the invoices I created, I could easily quit my job now and retire. Sadly that doesn't happen!
But, this job has been a blessing and it's amazing to see how God's hand has been in all of it. If I wouldn't have turned down the first job I had in Abilene (FDLIC), I wouldn't have accepted the position at Sears (my last major job in Abilene). At Sears is where I met one of my current bosses. He was let go at Sears and moved onto a new career at Atlas. The company was growing fast and he wanted a good biller, so I got the call, quit my job at Sears and got a sweet raise to work for Atlas.
Now, because I've worked at Atlas the last year, and proven myself, they are letting me work from home. What greater convenience can you ask for as a military spouse? Especially with a short-term move to San Antonio. Now, I'm not having to find another job, and around the holidays! BUT, there is a catch, I'm on a 2-month trial basis. So, at the end of next month, they are going to evaluate the situation and see if they will allow me to work from home for good. Let's pray that happens!
If so, we will be able to continue paying off our school loans and my name will be DEBT-FREE no later than next February! Then onward to Josh's loans. God is so good!
1 comment:
That's amazing! I'm so happy for you; definitely a huge blessing :)
Post a Comment