So, do you ever get those coupons that say free gift with $x purchase just throw it out because you know you aren't going to spend $x at a place? Well, think again! I recently had a light bulb go off in my head with these coupons. Forgive me if you've already figured this out.
This is the second month that I received a set of 3 coupons from Victoria Secret. The first time I sold the free ($35) bag for $20. This time the coupons were 1 free panty (gave to a friend), $10 off any purchase, and a free weekender bag with $75 purchase (the bag is worth $78 dollars).
So, this is what I did.
I bought a bra, a comfy cotton nighty, and two lip glosses totaling $85, then used my $10 off coupon to make it $75. This gets me the free weekender. THEN, I sell my weekender bag on Ebay.
Apparently, a ton of people love the VS totes. Me, not so much, I have too many bags already. So to make mine stand out on ebay, I also included the two lip glosses (which were only $1.75 each, but have $7.50 tags on them). So technically, now they are bidding on a bag ($78) and 2 "free" lipglosses ($15) a $93 value. And of course FREE SHIPPING, they fall for that all the time. I also only put the item up for 1 day to capture the crazy demand for this bag. And of course, start it at the lowest-middle price range to catch people's attention to make them think it's cheaper than the others.

After 103 views and 22 bids, the bag sold for $45.75!
So, technically I paid for $75 in order to get the free bag.
But I sold bag sold for: $45.75 minus- shipping and ebay fees ($4.75) = $41
So really, I only spent $34 at VS ($75-$41)
This means I only spent $17 a piece for my two VS items.
You can't even get that on clearance at that price!
Now, I could resell those two items for higher on ebay, but I like them and want to keep them. Maybe next time :)
1 comment:
You know Chad would have arguments against this philosophy!
Cute new background!
Post a Comment