Today is graduation day for Liberty University! Slight bummer though, no cap and gown here today. But how do you like the horns? Anyways, the infamous ORI event (aka Josh's job, see here) is happening this weekend so we aren't able to get out of Abilene to go to Lynchburg, Virginia for my graduation. Not to mention the plane tickets are around $800 a piece to get there!
I completed their online MBA program with an emphasis in Human Resources. I finished last December and received my diploma a couple months ago. Yea, it was online, but it was hard work, and VERY VERY time consuming. Especially while working full-time! So don't knock legitimate online schools until you've tried them.
I loved Liberty, I loved the program, and I enjoyed having to incorporate Christian perspectives into major business issues. I would recommend it to anyone. I completed the 45 credit program with a 3.80 GPA and I'm quite proud of myself. Praise God that over half of it was free thanks to the MyCaa program (before it's restrictions) and my work scholarship from SMRS! Needless to say, we have no debt for that program - God is great!
As for what I'm going to do with it? Who knows. Currently, I'm not doing anything specific with it. I'm working in 'accounting' doing a very simple job for rather great pay in the oil industry. My dream would be to use it as a qualification to teach business courses in either high school or a junior college. Something without the boring 8-5 schedule. We will see what the future holds!
Now, only 6 months or so until Josh is done with his Master's and we may finally have a normal life!
2 comments:
Congratulations!! I have stagnated considerably in my MBA program (online too, but definitely not as good as your program...) Someday I'll finish - thanks for the motivation!
Wow huge congrats Teara!! What an awesome accomplishment. And to Josh finishing soon too..Andy still has 2 more years! :(
Post a Comment