

As for the curtains, they were a nightmare to find because I wanted them to match the picture I have in the center. I was super excited that I found them, so I immediately went out and purchased the hanging brackets. Well, little did I know, the immediate 3 inches above my window is pure metal. The screw would not budge, and I know how to work a drill! So, I decided to put it a little bit taller and I was going to use a side thingy (technical term, I know) to sweep the curtain back to one side. Well, surprise, I guess the 3 inches of metal is all around the window.
About 2 hours later I'm stuck with what I had had to begin with, an extra long curtain hanging on a tension rod. As an added bonus, for my hard work I received a pseudo hole in the wall, which is now fixed and waiting for the putty to dry. Eventually, I may get the curtains hemmed. Who knows. I'm not cut out for this suzy-homemaker nonsense!
My instinct says gold. It also says maybe I should put two little shelves or sconces on the sides of my picture. Maybe I'll suck it up and hang the curtains a little higher than the 3 inches.
What say you?
1 comment:
Okay well I'm symmetrical, so keep that in mind. But I think you should use the darker pillow but put one each in front of the red pillows. the darker color warms it up a little.
I would not put anything else on the wall.
If you are wanting to put a tie back thingy on the curtains it will shorten them some and you may not have to hem them. You can try that out pretty cheap with cute ribbon that tie in all of your colors in the middle or buy the actual rods to pull them to the side (but it may be metal there also).
It just takes some of us awhile to get to know out style enough to piece things together.
Post a Comment