I thought I'd take my lunch break to express my joy for today :)
Not even a day later I received an email about the milspouse program which offered a whopping $6000 free to military spouses going back to school. Immediately, I signed up for classes, and got the grant. I was cruising through the program and in January, I had already spent the last of that $6000. So, I looked into the tuition program at work. Coincidentally, right when my money ran out was my one year anniversary at work, which made me eligible to ask for tuition assistance. I asked for $2400 and received $1200, I was very pleased! Just last week, I registered for my last 3 courses and thought I would try the work scholarship again, I'm ecstatic to say I received the FULL amount today! Included in that amount is the $550 cost for textbooks. The Lord gave me a Masters for a measly $2050!
That leads to another answered prayer. Throughout the past 8 months I had been struggling with the issue of whether or not to keep working at my current job. I had asked numerous times for a raise (which I had been promised when I was hired) and which after a year of working there I still had not received. It kept getting pushed back, and I was becoming very discouraged and unmotivated. I then started looking for other jobs, and even had a job offer. However, I felt that God was telling me to just be patient and that it would all work out. Why would I ever question Him?! A couple weeks later I received my performance evaluation letting me know that I would be receiving a 27% raise! An offer higher than what I would have been making had I accepted that other job.
That raise starts tomorrow :)
I am very pleased with my decision to stay at my job, not only because of the raise, and tuition assistance, but also because of the people. Our workload is starting to be less stressful and allowing us to get the time to know our coworkers much better. Everyone is truly great. Also, my boss is generously letting me work a 'flexible' schedule starting next week until Josh leaves. If Josh works a full day, I'll work a full day, if Josh isn't working, I don't have to go in. I don't even have to use PTO.
So, praise the Lord for answered prayers. He may not get to them right away, but he gets to them :)
1 comment:
Wow. Just wow! I am so happy for all of your amazing blessings!
Post a Comment