Saturday, March 27, 2010

Move that bus!!

Okay, so I don't watch Extreme Makeover, but lately I feel like our house is transforming (in a good way). I think it's because Spring is here and I'm wanting to freshen up the place. We also redid (is that a word?) the yard, got bedroom furniture, and a little living room cabinet, all within the past couple of weeks. We are looking for stuff to fill up our hallways. This house really has a lot of wall space, and quite frankly, we don't have enough things to fill it! But, Josh and I are really enjoying the South Shore art line. If you are from Chicago/South Bend area, you really have to check it out here. We really like it because it's like a piece of home everywhere we go. There is also another line on allposters.com that has airplanes over cities. Here are the pictures that we are interested in getting eventually.

We know for sure we are getting this one. The colors are actually more vintage than what they look like in these pictures:

This looks almost identical to the pier/bridge that Josh and I swam across the channel when we were like 16. He nearly killed me, no joke lol! But, that was in St. Joe, and this is Michigan City. But we always spent our "younger years" together on Lake Michigan, confessing our love for each other. We really love that place, it's our place. (That's probably why he proposed there!). It's amazing how much we took it for granted. You don't get nice lakes/beaches/dunes like that everywhere!

The next one is this:

We LOVE Chicago, it's a tradition to go there every Christmas. Lots of memories here. Plus there is a plane it. Plane = Josh likes (notice the trend).

This next one is by far my favorite looks wise, not really any memories here. Though we have been to NY together and Josh's sister does live there, so I guess there is something. But this one I would love to put in our living room. It would go great with our couches and curtains.

Another little piece of home, our rinky dinky airport:

And last, Josh loves cars too, so we like this one as well. Too bad the Studebaker, originally made in South Bend, too didn't do better.


Oh! And one of Josh's favorite cities, plus another plane!


So, yea, there are a lot to choose from, and once you frame and mat them, they are not very cheap! We will probably start off with the Michigan City, NY, and South Bend airport. Some will go downstairs in the living room, the others will be in the upstairs hallway. They are about 26 x 38, so they will really add some life to the house.

Also... I changed up my bedding for the guest bedroom thanks to a great trip over Christmas to IKEA! So here it is:


But, ours is on a twin bed with an extra set for the trundle. Also, I loved these cute little pillows:

Also, I think I finally found the theme that I will do for the guest room. I think it will match the bedding awesomely. I also think it will take some serious art projects, but I've made some friends in the squadron that are all into art projects and vowed to help me! (You don't know how much I need it!) Here are some ideas, I guess they call it "french country," I like to call it dainty :) We went to a few ADORABLE antique places in Abilene today and I really got inspired, a lot of these will have to be painted because we have PURE white walls, but you get my drift. Who knows, I may just get a new hobby! These are just pics I found online of the type of stuff I have a new found love for.


The mirror needs some work, but I love the texture.




I also LOVE the idea of empty picture frames painted all cute like this:



So there is my inspiration, check back in like a year to see if I actually did anything with it!
If you love picture frames check out these ideas.

3 comments:

ADRIENNE and JOSH said...

Love it all! Can't wait to see pictures of all your decorating!

Ingram Family said...

I am SO going to copy the empty picture frame idea! I love everything you have been doing and have been feeling the same bug. Just freshened up the front all day today! Have fun!s

Angela said...

How fun! I love the style you picked.
You have some awesome pictures. The'd look great on your walls. You can even make a collage. Check this out:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/wood-gallery-single-opening-frames/popup/more-views.html?active=3

Have fun decorating!