Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The nerves are kicking in!

Well, only 2 days until assignment night, and tomorrow the Parker family will be here. Thankfully, I'm off of work tomorrow thru the 11th so I'm really excited about that. I know we've been asking for a lot of prayers lately, but we could really use them this week for our assignment night. There are so many factors that go into getting an assignment and so it's truly up in the air where we will be next. More than likely we will be at this next base for about 3 years. There are a lot of advantages and a few disadvantages about each base. So, as you can imagine, it was hard ranking our dream sheet. Sitting there waiting for our assignment on Friday will be incredibly nerve wrecking and intense. I hope I don't puke, cry, pass out, or shake so much that I can't take good pictures :)
So, please simply pray for comfort and for us to be where God wants us.
Here is our "dream sheet" The top of the list is what we would really love to have and the bottom list is well, the opposite.
B-2 Whiteman AFB, Missouri
B-1 Dyess AFB, Texas
F-15E Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina
A-10 Davis Monthan AFB, Arizona
T-6 Faip Columbus, Mississippi
F-22 Tyndall AFB, Florida
T-38 Faip Columbus, Mississippi
F-15c Tyndall AFB, Florida
F-16 Luke AFB, Arizona
B-52 Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
U-28
NSA
So there ya go. The possibilities are endless with the Air Force!
"With God all things are possible"

4 comments:

Dave said...

We'll definitely be praying for you. McGuire wasn't our first choice, but I have felt several times since being here that this is where He wants us to be. We sure miss you guys, are you sure you don't want to put KC-10s on that list? Maybe you can work something out with the T-1 guys... :)

Anne said...

When did it get to be 2 days away!?
Your list looks so much prettier than ours - typed out instead of cut up paper :)
I'll hold your hand if your hold mine!!

Kimberly Anne said...

We're definitely praying for you guys! I have no idea what it's like to be going through that... you're a very strong woman Teara!!

Angela said...

so??????? AREN'T YOU GOING TO TELL US?!!!