As for me, I'm back to work at the coffee shop. It's gotten to the point where I'm officially bored at work, so I've been trying to spice it up but my ADD is not helping. My ADD really enjoys the old school nintendo I bought back to Mississippi though, I've never enjoyed Dr. Mario so much!
Not even a week after we got back to Mississippi, Josh headed to New Mexico for the dreaded centrifuge. Basically, you sit in a chair and spin around super fast until you get to 7.5 G's. Luckily, he didn't puke, and best of all we have all the face deforming action on tape! It's an event in pilot training that no one looks forward to, so he's glad its over.
As for trips, the two of us ventured to Houston, and unfortunetly it was not the Houston you are thinking of. This Houston should be renamed to timbucktu, ms. It's a small Mississippi town with more dirt roads than mailboxes. We are hoping to have an addition to the family soon and Houston has just what we needed, miniature schnauzer puppies :) We hope to get one within the next few weeks. They look like this:

Please, if you have any cute boy names for a dog, let us know!! We're struggling.
After our strange, but successful visit to Houston, we traveled a little further to Tupelo again to go shopping. Also, just this past week I went with my friend Gretchen to Tuscaloosa for some even better shopping. It was an absolute blast and may I add, very successful! We shopped at an Ann Taylor Loft for 2 hours! Practically everything was on sale so I ended up walking out with 8 shirts and 2 pairs of pants for around $100. Amazing! As you can see, since theres not too much to do around here, I get rather excited for a shopping trip.
Our Christmas break was fun and went by fast. Our day in Chicago was gorgeous as always and actually the warmest day we had. It was great to see our family and friends again. It was nice to see snow again, and even nicer to only have to deal with it for a couple weeks. It was also a fabulous resting period for us :) I wish we had taken more pictures, but my camera is getting rusty. Hopefully, we will use our best buy gift cards (still left from our wedding!) soon to get a new one. Here is a link to our pre-christmas progressive/ugly sweater party, and our visit home.
http://wichita.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2016149&l=3ac08&id=197402064
During the break, I also found out that people actually read this thing, so hello Uncle Bill and Aunt Sue! Thanks for the card :) And, congrats to my cousin Mikel and my not-so-little brother Jay for bowling their first 300 game (on the same day) this past week!
I think you're about caught up now. Oh, I think we're having a Super Bowl party, so if you're in the neighborhood feel free to stop by. I wish those writers would get off strike soon....
Oh, I forgot, our coffee shop was mentioned in the paper.
Clever title "kudos for kudoz" and he spells espresso wrong, ah, wonderful mississippi.
http://www.cdispatch.com/articles/2008/01/27/columns/dorroh/dorroh9954.txt
Last, but not least, only 138 more days until assignment night, we find out where we will move to next, keep praying its somewhere cool :)

3 comments:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay you're getting a puppy! How exciting :) The other names we thought of for Luke were Ace, Tucker, Max, and Duke. Not sure if any of those would fit your lil guy or not .. naming a dog is so hard! I don't know what we're going to do when it's an actual child!
We didn't have a name for Bailey until she was actually being born. But I have a friend who has a little dog named Koda(sp?). I think she got it from a Disney movie. Sometimes she calls him Koda bear. I think it sounds cute. Anyways, I'm glad you guys posted something new. I'm addicted to blogs! I love reading about what my friends and family are up to so keep it up! Come and check our blog too!
We live so close but haven't really talked since last month- I know, we are terrible neighbors. We might stop by sometime just to say hi. See you guys around!!
yes, we read it. Oh, a lap/yap dog, how cute. You should have named him Kitty. Picture you calling him from the front porch with the neighbors watching with a puzzled look on their faces. LOL LY
Bill & Sue
Post a Comment